Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Day in the Life

Me: *knit, knit, knit* *game, game, game* *research, research, research*
Chess: Daddy! Love I!
Me: Chess, I'm kind of in the middle of something.
Chess: You're playing with the glowy-box! *climbs on top of keyboard*
Me: Chess, I'm--
Chess: SCRITCHES!
Me: Marshmallow, thy name is Roq. *scritches cat*
Chess: Yay! *makes the keyboard start making the fun repeaty noise* Daddy, why is the glowy-box going bark, bark, bark?
Me: Because you're on my keyboard, Chess.
Chess: You're not loving me.
Me: You realize I need to get this scarf done before I can make my gloves, right?
Chess: What does that have to do with you not loving me?
Me: Seriously?
Chess: I'm purring.
Me: Fine! *pets* You realize you are the reason your mother and I aren't having kittens of our body, right?
Chess: *purrs*
Me: I would spoil them stupid. Like I'm spoiling you.
Chess: I'm not spoiled.
Me: I have dropped everything to pet you.
Chess: What's your point? Oooh, under the collar. Yarn!
Me: No. You've lost yarn privileges.
Chess: But it taste nummy. *licks yarn*
Me: Stop that. If you eat more yarn your mother will kill me.
Chess: It's a cat toy.
Me: Not everything's a cat toy.
Chess: Lies!

No comments:

Post a Comment